Saturday, February 13, 2010

Reading Schedule for Mere Christianity

As promised, here is what I'm going to be reading, week-by-week, as we read through Mere Christianity. Please join me if you will, and discuss it with me. Again, I'll be posting my thoughts on what we read on each Sunday. Oh, and before I forget, if you're reading this on Facebook, please join me here on my blog, so our comments are all in one place!

If you haven't found a book, each chapter heading below links to the corresponding online copy.

Preface

WEEK 1 - FEBRUARY 15-21
BOOK I. RIGHT AND WRONG AS A CLUE TO THE MEANING OF THE UNIVERSE
1. The Law of Human Nature
2. Some Objections
3. The Reality of the Law
4. What Lies Behind the Law
5. We Have Cause to Be Uneasy

WEEK 2 - FEBRUARY 22-28
BOOK II. WHAT CHRISTIANS BELIEVE
1. The Rival Conceptions of God
2. The Invasion
3. The Shocking Alternative
4. The Perfect Penitent
5. The Practical Conclusion

WEEK 3 - MARCH 1-7
BOOK III. CHRISTIAN BEHAVIOR
1. The Three Parts of Morality
2. The "Cardinal Virtues"
3. Social Morality
4. Morality and Psychoanalysis
5. Sexual Morality
6. Christian Marriage

WEEK 4 - MARCH 8-14
7. Forgiveness
8. The Great Sin
9. Charity
10. Hope
11. Faith
12. Faith

WEEK 5 - MARCH 15-21
BOOK IV. BEYOND PERSONALITY: OR FIRST STEPS IN THE DOCTRINE OF THE TRINITY
1. Making and Begetting
2. The Three-Personal God
3. Time and Beyond Time
4. Good Infection
5. The Obstinate Toy Soldiers
6. Two Notes

WEEK 6 - MARCH 22-28
7. Let's Pretend
8. Is Christianity Hard or Easy?
9. Counting the Cost
10. Nice People or New Men
11. The New Man

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this?